Friday 15 July 2011

Likes

Recycle is the topic for my likes today. Trash of today is immeasurable, how much is reused is a question. If the secret behind recycling is revealed, then everyone will move forward to make a change.
Once I was made fun of by my visitors for using a plastic spoon in my sugar jar. For a moment I thought the sugar had turned bad or they found some ants in the jar. It was none of these they laughed at, it was the spoon that I recycled. I collect the spoons that accompany food parcels and put to reuse accordingly.
Reuse of waste materials generates benefits locally and globally. Less use of raw material that come from natural resources like water, timber and mineral, this is the number one secret behind recycling. Consequently, reduce energy usage, reduce water and air pollution caused by manufacturing sector.
Recently, I read an article on how they manufacture sanitary napkins out of old unused clothes in Mumbai. It is cheap for those who can’t afford the branded ones in the market. In another story in Indonesia a guy collects drink cans and makes decorative items. Oil from our kitchen is converted to biodiesel. For more info please visit, fathopesenergy.com  A man in US had gone to extend of building a house from recyclable materials.
Much of our household waste can be turned to wealth. Reduce, reuse, recycle at home.  Help sustain the environment for our future generation. Remember the three R’s.   

No comments:

Post a Comment