Saturday 6 August 2011

Help the needy.

6th August, a day to remember, my birthday today, the first one to greet me is little Sanjay with a broad smile though he is not able to greet in words his smile cost trillions and I felt like receiving from trillion people. Little Sanjay to friends and relatives all I could say is A Big Thank You.
Today I went to a temple which is like my mum’s place. After prayers had the usual breakfast of bread and coffee, then proceeded to browsing the dailies to feed my hunger for news updates .  Today, an article about a medical student who pursues her course at one of the local colleges captured me.  A daughter to a single mother with two siblings finds it difficult to finance her course. The mother a sole bread winner gets enough only to raise the family. It was highlighted in the paper about her appeal to the public for donation. A 5 ringgit from every Indian in the country would suffice to meet her money needs. I called up the MIC  branch in Negri Sembilan to verify the published news. I then paid a small amount into her account.  Small may be the amount, the satisfaction was very huge.
We had a wonderful lunch with one of my daughter’s family who lives here.  My grand children and everyone showered me with gifts. I accepted them happily though I’m not the one who awaits this kind of gesture. I yearn for love and loving words.  I deeply felt the absence of my other two daughters.  Wishes from them were far yet close on webcams. However, the afternoon was a memorable one.
Whoever reads my blog and wishes to donate this bright and capable girl, please do so. Details of the Marsha college student:                                                                                                        
Kumutha A/P Jeyaprakash, CIMB account No 1415-0076736-52-6  
My likes for today is happiness derived from my tiny mini contribution. My likes will be multiplied if many others follow suit.

No comments:

Post a Comment